Saturday, June 28, 2014

Quilt Festival Houston 2014

www.quilts.com
I just received the mailer for Quilt Festival Houston IQA 2014 and a detail of  this quilt is featured. I am having a solo exhibit this year "Yvonne Porcella - Once And Again".  I will be exhibiting older work, wearable art, kimono, quilts both older and new plus a brand new never seen before series of 16 panels 15" x 16", each panel features a different design, inspired by memories.  The panels were started after my 2012 retrospective in an attempt to make a large quilt within my new limited capabilities. No longer will I attempt a 112" x 109" hand appliqué, hand quilted piece. We borrowed my large quilt from the collector and it looked so grand at my retrospective, taking up a whole gallery wall. I hope if you come to IQA Quilt Market or Festival, please stop by my exhibit and say hello. "Lily Loves Her Callas" will be there, originally shown on Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson in 2003!

No comments: